Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Ankle-deep, and we're not talkin' the pool here

This week's post is short and sweet, thanks in part to the double deadlines I've got at work this week. Also, there's not much more to say on this little wrinkled life lesson than this:

We all know sweating the small stuff is stupid, a waste of time, a big waste of energy, and a really big annoyance not just to ourselves, but to the poor souls closest to us. It just so happens that trying to avoid wrinkles, or imperfections, is one of the best ways to sweat the small stuff.

So after I worried, fretted, got stressed and rushed around like a mad woman to make the house "perfect" and the food and drinks "just right" for the two back-to-back parties we had this weekend, guess what happened?

The toilet overflowed. And it wasn't just water. Or liquid, if you know what I mean.

And we're not talking just a little overflow and splash on the floor here, either. We're talking a full-on, inch-of-water-in-the-bathroom-and-more-making-its-way-in-a-river-down-the-hardwood-floored-hallway-and-then-tracked-all-over-the-house kind of flood.

So, just when you think you've got it all perfect, you're ankle deep in poop water. Need I say more?

4 comments:

  1. I almost cried when I read this...in hysterics and real crying becaues this is what always happens. It's so true...you sweat the small stuff and then something big happens, throwing a wrenchin our "unwrinkled" mess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's horrible. I don't know if I could stomach cleaning that up. Did it happen while people were over at your house or before?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god!!!!! Just what you needed.I hope everythings alright now. See you next Saturday or sooner!
    ~Nicole

    ReplyDelete